To France

Lost in France? We asked to provide some advice on the best ways to learn French. See their 6 top tips to learning French.

For visit

If you are moving to Paris then visitors from outside the EU such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US are not required to obtain a short-stay visa before leaving their country. You will receive a tourist visa on arrival that allows you to stay in France for up to 90 days. The tourist visa does not allow you to work or to receive any social benefits. If you are looking for work in France on a tourist visa then a French employer can only offer you a job if you leave the EU and return to your own country to obtain a work visa. So, it's probably better to get the work visa before you come to France.

More information on work visas is listed at the For Work page.

In theory, when the 90 days are up, you could travel to a country outside of the European Union, have your passport stamped, and then return to France with a new tourist visa but we would recommend that you do things the official and proper way.